BPI Labs is seeking a Cost Accountant/Controller with preferred experience in Manufacturing. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package which includes paid vacation and personal time, 10 paid holidays, health insurance, dental, vision coverage, life insurance, and 401k.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information.
- Set up new raw material, packaging; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in current and new product layouts.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Develop standard costs, including labor and overhead rates each new year, based on a budget.
- Review and analyze actual production cost vs. budget/standard and recommending changes/improvements.
- Manage HR related functions for the business.
- Responsible for timely, accurate, and efficient accounting close on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustment.
- Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, procurement, and general ledger accounting.
- Performs technical accounting issue research and resolution as necessary.
- B.S. Accounting preferred
- Four (4+) years’ experience in product costing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong writing/communicative skills, solid accounting foundation, interpersonal relations,
analytical skills, and technical skills